The Women’s March On Denver Mission Statement
Because we CARE, on January 21, 2017 we will stand together to tell the nation and the administration-elect that:
1) All women shall maintain the freedom and lawful protection to choose what is best for them as it concerns their biological and reproductive health.
2) The diverse and vibrant communities of the United States of America shall be protected from political factions that would seek to inhibit their expression and existence by implementing legal restrictions on personal freedoms. These diverse and vibrant communities are the fabric of our great country and shall not be torn by hateful, divisive, and racist rhetoric or actions.
3) All people, regardless of gender, gender identification, ethnicity, racial heritage, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation and/or socioeconomic status shall be treated equally and equitably, with respect, dignity and justice for all.
By bringing thousands of people together online and in person at Denver’s Civic Center Park, we strive to provide an outlet and support for those who wish to:
1) Advocate for and defend the most marginalized members of our society.
2) Connect with like-minded individuals and organizations within local Colorado communities.
3) Serve as a model of peaceful demonstration for the young women and men, and girls and boys, who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
4) Honor the women and men who have come before us and fought for human and women’s rights.
Our Vision Statement
We are all relevant, we are all valued, and we are more powerful together.
This march is not a protest, but rather an opportunity for all participants to support social justice, human rights and equality, and to demonstrate that we will be vigilant in protecting these rights moving forward.